This winter weather has probably got you wishing you were somewhere warm. Are you looking to head to a tropical destination for the summer? I bet you are, and it’s also very likely that you already have a destination spot in mind. In fact, you’ve probably been thinking about visiting this country for a while now, and have only just decided to put the wheels into motion. Of course, there is a lot to plan, especially if you have never been to this tropical paradise before. For example, if you are travelling to Turks and Caicos and are planning to stay at somewhere like these Turks and Caicos villas, you need to make sure that you have the right number of rooms, as well as making sure that it has all the amenities you are looking for.
Not forgetting that you can’t go on a tropical vacation without packing for it, and our goal is to share with you the essentials that you should include in your luggage. There are a lot of things to consider when travelling to a destination that is not the same as home. For one, you need to be prepared for the heat and humidity.
To help you more, here are the following things that you can pack for a tropical vacation:
- Comfortable travel pillow. Travel pillows can act as neck pillows while you sleep, or they can also be used as back supports that you can sit on to rest your spine. These pillows are designed to help eliminate pain and fatigue that can come from sleeping, and many travel pillows now come with adjustable straps and other features to allow you to sleep upright, too.
- Sturdy backpack. Since airports tend to be a pretty hectic place, you should get this type of backpack. You need something that will stand up to the rigours of the journey and keep your belongings safe from theft, rain, and sun. That said, you also need to choose a bag that fits your budget and your style.
- Adaptable outfit. Pack for outfits that can be dressed that will be appropriate when you go out for dinner or to meet with grandma. You need these types of outfits to wear when going to shops, restaurants and other places
- Walking shoes. A reliable pair will help you handle a little bit of a hike.
- Comfortable footwear for the beach. It is not necessary to carry a lot of shoes, but you should bring at least one pair of sturdy and comfortable sandals, and some spare pairs of shoes to change into in case you get too wet or sweaty. If you bring along a pair of flip-flops, you will end up wearing them most of the time. Even if it is not necessary, you will have a good time on the beach, so you may as well bring along comfortable footwear.
- Polarised sunglasses. Polarised lenses block UV rays, which can cause damage to your eyes if you spend a lot of time outside without them. And while they won’t prevent you from catching a nasty sunburn, they will help prevent your eyes from drying out.
- Underwater camera. Pack a waterproof, state-of-the-art underwater camera so you can capture unforgettable underwater vacation memories that no monitor can capture.
- Universal adapter. It is really important to have one, as you will have to use your local electrical sockets. If you do not have one, then you might have to buy a more expensive converter on arrival, which will only make you spend more money on your vacation.
- Portable charger. While most people will just pick up a power bank, many would be better off packing a portable charger. A portable charger is a device for recharging electronic devices, such as smartphones, electronics, and tablets that can be charged from a power outlet.
- Your skin needs protection. You may be planning to get yourself Laser Hair Removal before you go so that you don’t have to worry about shaving or any unsightly hair while you’re on the beach, but your skin will need constant looking after in the form of sun cream/oil/etc while you are on holiday. Whatever your choice of sun protection is, pack a lot of this item because you’ll be spending hours in the sun.
- Waterproof phone case. Keeping your phone safe from the water and sun is important, especially if it’s a new or expensive model. A waterproof case can help ensure your phone’s survival as it floats in the sea or survives a dip in the pool. You can check out websites like https://merchantalternatives.com/best/hard-shell-phone-cases/ as well as other online shopping websites, so you can browse a range and see which would be best for your travels.
- Light jacket. Lightweight, quick-drying, tropical-wear will be best for an extended stay in a climate like the Bahamas, and a packable, wind-resistant jacket is going to be your best friend if you are travelling to the Dominican Republic (or any warm place, really!).
- Swimming costume. Make sure you grab the right swimming costume because it can make or break your vacation.
- Water bottle. This is one of these essentials, and if you pack one, it will be an easy way to ensure that you stay hydrated while on vacation.
- Cash. If you are planning a vacation to a tropical location, one of the things to pack is cash. It is nice to have some on hand because you can get yourself anything from a latte at the cafe to a small snack in the local market. Also, a lot of people do not like to carry around large volumes of cash, and in most countries, cash transactions are subject to taxes by the government.
When planning a tropical vacation, you may want to consider packing items that will make the trip more comfortable. Other things that you might need are lip sunscreen, a leave-in conditioner, a foldable sun hat, a beach bag, and beach coverups. Make your vacation more enjoyable by packing the right things that you will need.